Since its formation the Association has achieved, among other things:
- Removal of income tax from the War Widows’ Pension
- Extra age allowance for War Widows
- Improved pension for pre-1973 War Widows
- Reinstatement of pension to War Widows on cessation of second or subsequent marriage
- Renewal of opportunity for War Widows to visit the grave of their husband through sponsored pilgrimage
- Retention of the attributable MOD occupational pension on remarriage
- Retention of the War Widows’ Pension for pre ’73 widows.