Do you have what it takes to become a Trustee?
The answer to that question is probably yes.
The War Widows’ Association has, over the years, benefited immensely from the strength and commitment of its Committee of Trustees. Through the dedication of its Trustees the Association has gained a reputation as an authoritative and trusted voice for all War Widows across the United Kingdom (UK). The key to maintaining our status as the United Kingdom’s leading representative organisation for widows of Armed Forces Personnel where death has been attributed to their service life is planning for the future. Therefore we need Trustees with vigour, enthusiasm and clarity of thought to support the delivery of our vision; ‘to improve conditions for all War Widows’.
In addition to general Trustee vacancies there will be from time to time specific roles, for example, office bearer roles of Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Public Relations Officer; as well as other specific roles such as Database maintenance, Events organisation; Sales; etc. this list is not exhaustive.
Trustees and Office Bearers are all voluntary positions; however all reasonable expenses will be paid. If you believe you have the enthusiasm, expertise and competencies to support delivery of the Association’s vision; can align with its values and can make the commitment required then it would be great to hear from you.
- You will be a member of the War Widows’ Association or willing to become a member of the War Widows’ Association;
- You will need to be familiar with a computer and be able to use email; don’t be put off if that’s not you as we will help you with any training you may need;
- You will need to be able to travel to meetings etc.
- All Trustees are expected to attend Committee meetings; Generally Trustee Committee meeting are held during January, May, August and November; depending on business need some meetings may be held over two days.
- All Trustees are expected to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM); The AGM is generally held in early April and within 16 weeks of the end of the Association financial year.
- As a Trustee there may be occasions when you may be required to give some additional time for general Committee business.
All Trustees are elected via a postal vote by members eligible to vote. Successful applicants will be notified at the Annual General Meeting following the election.
For more information or a discussion about the various roles in the first instance please email firstname.lastname@example.org making sure you include your contact details and a current Trustee will get back to you as soon as possible.
REMEMBER: We all have knowledge, skills and experiences which can be used in the running of the Association so do not feel that it might not be for you – talk to us.