HM Forces Railcard

This scheme is in place to provide 1/3 reduced price to War Widow(er)s and free travel for children under the age of 16 of deceased Service personnel.

Sixteen-year-olds who are in receipt of Child’s War Pension can apply for the HM Forces Railcard for three years if they’re in full-time education.


Widow(er)s, recognised partners and dependents (aged 16 and over) must be in receipt of:

  • A Forces Family Pension from either the Armed Forces Pension Scheme 1975 or 2005.
  • A War Widow(er)s or Child’s War Pension OR
  • Guaranteed Income Payment (GIP) from the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme 2005.

Applications and renewals

Whether you’re applying for a railcard for the first time or renewing an existing railcard, complete the application form below and return to the address below:

First-time applicants must include a passport-sized photograph and a copy of their Widows statement of eligibility. Those renewing their railcard must return their expired railcard. The cost for applying/renewing a railcard is currently £21 per card.

Grants Manager (Railcards), The Royal British Legion, 199 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1AA

Please make cheques payable to: The Royal British Legion.

The issue of the railcard(s) will be quicker if you send a self-addressed envelope.

For more information and to request an application form contact Mr Edd Robinson

Senior Rail Card

If you do not meet the criteria above you may be eligible for the Senior Rail Card with a discount. Please use the link below to access the correct information.


The VCTS Oyster Photo Card entitles War Widow(er)s, recognised partners and dependants to free travel at any time in London on the bus, tube, Docklands Light Railway and London Overground Services. There are some concessions on travel on mainline rail services just outside the Greater London Zone.

To be eligible, Widow(er)s, recognised partners and dependents (aged 16 and over) must be in receipt of:

  • Ongoing payments (in their name) under the War Pensions Scheme.
  • Guaranteed Income Payment (GIP) (in their name) from the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme 2005.

For more information and to apply visit the TFL website.

HM Forces Railcard
Application Form for Senior Railcard Discount Code
Veterans Concessionary Travel Scheme